The Technical Engineer is responsible for the technical services delivered to managed services customers. This individual will
have an in-depth knowledge of the customer with the desired goal of reducing the amount of support required for the client.
Customer satisfaction and low tickets per endpoint are primary objectives of the Technical Engineer accomplished through the
deployment and adherence to corporate best practices
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
- Support relating to issues relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environment built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
- System documentation to include system reviews, audits and customer alignment.
- Maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Participate in creating and maintaining corporate best practices.
- Administrative documentation to include accurate time and work detail recording.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Primary contact for T1/T2 service technicians/engineers – mentoring, escalation and direction (ability to provide “how to do tasks”)
- Be the point of escalation.
- Work closely with management team
- Works with network admins and backup team lead OR other service delivery areas to develop standards for all customers.
- Train and coach others on Team as it pertains to best practice, DPS tools and methodology
- Works hand in hand with Manager to achieve the goals of the entire team.
- Provide direction and input as it relates to daily/weekly/monthly huddles and meetings with the team.
- Identify area of weakness amongst the team, work with Manager to remediate and/or coach and mentor team members as appropriate.
- Work with Manager as it relates to improvement areas, processes to the overall success of Service Delivery.
- Ability to work with other service delivery areas and Client Strategy Advisor
- Provide escalation on off business hours or may be requested to assist with weekend coverage.
- Duties that may be required that are not clearly defined for overall success of DP Solutions, our clients and our work environment.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Skills to diagnose and effectively troubleshoot technical issues
- Proficiency with information technology regarding both hardware and software, and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft server and desktop operating systems
- Ability to support virtualization services of VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Ability to support the Azure and AWS Cloud Platforms.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Understanding of processes within ConnectWise
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Visio and Word, to create clear and concise documentation.